Sunday, October 21, 2007

Manly card


I find it very hard to make manly cards! When I first saw the On The Fly set in the new Stampin' Up catalog. . .I couldn't wait to get it! My father-in-law likes to fish as do my brothers-in-law. I go fishing with my husband and boys too in the summertime. I knew I could get a lot of use out of this set.
Then I started reading the posts about this set on SCS. . .how the fisherman didn't have a face and that he looked creepy. And there were a lot of ladies who thought this way! I decided I still loved the set and got it anyways! I used it for my father-in-law's birthday which is today and I really like how it turned out. I knew I wanted to watercolor it so I used some of my watercolor paper that I got from Stampin' Up. I actually drew onto the paper with my Stampin' Up markers, then used the Aqua Pen to draw some of the color out. It worked beautifully! I will definitely try this again! And I will also be using my On The Fly set again too. I still like him. . .with or without a face!

No comments: